Cabrillo Shareholder Representation Services
Solely Focused on Protecting and Maximizing Return
The escrow closing process is often laden with risks and pitfalls that could negatively impact shareholder return. Cabrillo recognizes this and is ready to take the risk out of your hands. Our sole goal in shareholder representation is to protect and maximize the return to shareholders.
We work closely with our clients to provide conflict-free advice and to create a specialized plan that delivers optimal value to shareholders. Most importantly, we work hard to protect our clients’ investment and to maximize returns.
The Cabrillo Process – Dedicated, Professional Client Service to Maximize Your Deal Proceeds
With our dedicated and experienced team of accountants, attorneys and merger & acquisition professionals, we effectively and efficiently manage the complete administration of the post-sale process to maximize your returns, so that our clients can focus on getting back to what they do best, creating value.
- Project Management: The post-sale process can be complex and include numerous milestones for working capital adjustments, escrow release, indemnity claims and earn-out payments and other contingent consideration. To ensure strict compliance with the terms of the sale, we diligently track all requirements and procedures outlined by the closing documents associated with your deal and pro-actively stay ahead of all deadlines and milestones.
- Reporting: From the introductory letter to final distribution, we will be the shareholder contact and provide regular shareholder status and financial reports – whether for one transaction or multiple transactions across a venture fund portfolio.
- Administration: The administrative tasks can be time-consuming, tedious and fraught with potential liability. From change of address forms to letters of transmittal, we become the primary point of contact to handle all shareholder administration needs and requests through the escrow period.
- Dispute Resolution: As the primary point of contact, we will receive all post-closing communications regarding potential disputes and claims, working capital adjustments and earn-out or other contingent consideration and work with the necessary parties to manage the entire process of claim administration and dispute resolution, including defending, negotiating, litigating and resolving the dispute. We also provide essential shareholder communications regarding claims and disputes and work diligently with a committee of your former shareholders to make all material post-closing decisions. We have assembled a cross-functional team consisting of CPAs, M&A professionals and seasoned attorneys to diligently protect your rights and deal proceeds.
- Escrow Return: When the escrow period expires or the earn-outs have been achieved, we work closely with the payment agent to coordinate the timely distribution of funds to shareholders, manage the relationship with the payment agent and perform essential accounting duties, such as confirming payout amounts, and providing meaningful statements for our clients – whether for one transaction or multiple transactions across a venture fund portfolio.
To discuss how we can work for you, contact us.
var _gaq = _gaq || ; _gaq.push(['_setAccount', 'UA-17268178-2']); _gaq.push(['_setDomainName', 'cabrilloadvisors.com']); _gaq.push(['_setAllowLinker', true]); _gaq.push(['_trackPageview']);